Divorce is a painful word – something you really don’t even want to think about, but if it is inevitable, you want to keep it civil – especially if there are children involved – and navigate the divorce as quickly and at the lowest cost possible. We’ve all heard the horror stories of a nasty divorce and its effects on the families involved, as well as the costs involved – $20,000, $30,000, $50,000 and up!
Keila Gilbert, Esquire, founded Alpha Center for Divorce Mediation 17 years ago after her own painful divorce, knowing that there had to be an easier, less painful, lower cost option to divorce. And there is: Divorce Mediation.
Along with Alpha Center for Divorce Mediation, five years ago Keila founded Alpha Resource Center to help couples in three main areas:
• Marriage Success – an assembly of knowledge and resource for couples to work to build and sustain their marriage
• Divorce Survival – a goal to preventing divorce when possible as well as to provide resources to help divorcing couples make the right choices and take positive actions that will reduce the emotional and financial burdens that come with this challenging transition
• New Beginnings – resources designed to alert you to the challenges that may occur after divorce and how to deal with them
Recently I had the pleasure of meeting with Scott Rudolph, Executive Director of Alpha Resource Center, LLC, to talk to him about some of the ways they help people.
Scott is a Bucks County native, having grown up in Hilltown. He joined Alpha Center in 2009 and it’s evident he’s proud to be associated with this cutting edge divorce mediation firm.
Basically Scott filled me in on the following:
Alpha Center for Divorce has three websites:
• www.Alpha-Divorce.com which guides you through divorce with the three L’s –
o Less stress
o Lower cost
o Legal guidance
• www.AlphaResourceCenter.com which is a site set up to accomplish what I’ve outlined above
• www.AlphaCenterLLC.com which is a professional directory of vetted professionals to help you in all areas of your life
They have 12 locations to serve you, and they believe in a holistic approach from a team of professional attorneys, therapists, accountants and financial advisors to help couples not become one of those expensive, ugly statistics.
I couldn’t help but notice how passionate Scott was about what they do – they really do want to help people! They are actually in the process of setting up a scholarship for couples who want to pursue marriage counseling but currently can’t afford it. I have to tell you, I was stunned!
Scott also wanted me to make sure people knew that it doesn’t end with the decree – Alpha is there to help their clients move forward and have a successful new beginning.
Alpha Center for Divorce Mediation is a member of the Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce.
I’ll end with Keila’s favorite quote:
“As you begin to pay attention to your own stories and what they say about you, you will enter into the exciting process of becoming, as you should be, the author of your own life, the creator of your own possibilities.” Mandy Aftel
Nice to know there’s a less painful way to navigate one of life’s biggest challenges.Bucks County Women’s Journal BCWmnsJournal@yahoo.com 215-721-0645